I AM CALM “SINGING BOWL”
Find your calm place with the soothing vibrations of your singing bowl | reduce stress and anxiety!
- Beautiful sounding coloured etched Singing Bowl
- 12.5cm, hand painted
- comes with wooden striker and colourful cushion
- Green is the colour for the Heart Chakra.
- Tuned to the musical note “F” to balance your Heart chakra.
Please note: This product is hand made, paintwork may have slight imperfections and bowls may have small imperfections which we do not class as being faulty.
Find Calm and Reduce Stress!
Modern science now reveals the many health benefits of singing bowls. The resonance of these hand crafted bowls can dramatically reduce stress and anxiety, improve our immune system, lower heart rate and blood pressure and soothe pain.
Based on different studies conducted on the health benefits of singing bowls, it has been found that Tibetan singing bowls can improve:-
- Anxiety – research shows that singing bowl therapy results in the reduction of stress and anxiety and an overall improvement in mood.
- Energy – the sound frequencies bring your cells into alignment which brings higher energy levels.
- Blood pressure – many studies reveal that using singing bowls reduces blood pressure and heart rate.
- Relaxation – studies show many emotional benefits including improved ability to relax, feel less frustration, improved patience and a better ability to communicate with others.
- Depression – Singing bowl therapy is proven to uplift your mood and calm your nervous system which can therefore reduce the symptoms of depression.
Today, the Sound Healing Network, who also believe in the many health benefits of singing bowls, say modern medicine increasingly recognises sound healing as a therapeutic field. “Because we are vibrational beings, healing occurs through the effect of appropriate application of intentional sound,” reports the Network. “Sound healers use voice, musical instruments, and modern technology to affect change in our well being.”
Healing through sound was not just used by the Tibetans, but also goes all the way back to the ancient Egyptians who used sistras in highly resonant temples to make use of the same ultrasound frequencies doctors use today to shrink tumours and break up kidney stones.
The Aborigines here in Australia use didgeridoos to help heal many different illnesses as well as muscle tears and broken bones.
Why does sound healing work so profoundly, you may be asking. Great question!
You’ve no doubt heard that our bodies are made up mostly of water. Well sound has been found to have a profound effect on water, which many studies have shown. Dr Masaru Emoto being arguably the most well known leader of research in this area.
Further research into the effect of sound on water has revealed the each organ of our body vibrates at certain frequencies. Furthermore, each cell of our body emits sound. A healthy cell vibrates at a different frequency to an “unhealthy” cell. Cellular ion channels are used as a means of communication between the cells of our body, so when a cell is damaged or unwell, these channels are no longer functioning properly.
Through the use of sound, we can open these channels up again bring the cells back to their normal, healthy frequency.
If you haven’t experienced the health benefits of singing bowls yet, I highly recommend this relaxing and beneficial form of therapy. Why not incorporate your own singing bowl into your daily routine, and take advantage of it’s powerful healing benefits for yourself and your loved ones, in the comfort of your own home.
Some of my favourite ways to utilise the healing and health benefits of singing bowls:
Sit the bowl directly on sternum or resting on a cushion. Get comfortable and breathe, relax. Strike the bowl with wooden mallet and feel the vibrations ring through. Focus on the sound and notice the different notes being produced by your bowl. Notice the sound increase and decreased in volume and with your breath. This technique is a nice way to set the tone in a room or any sacred space.
Massage a friend or lovers’ back:
Place the bowl on your friends back close to where the shoulder are with the rim of the bowl facing towards you (keep your hand inside the bowl and press against the bottom to hold it in place). Make sure your hand supporting the bowl does not touch the rim or this will dampen any sound/vibrations that you produce. Next rub the singing bowl around the outside of the rim with your wooden mallet and let ring. Your friend/lover will feel the vibrations on their back and get a gentle massage. You can also move the bowl up and down their back to spread the vibration.
There are many ways to incorporate singing bowls into your meditation practice. Most of it involves focusing on the sounds that the bowl makes. A good example is what was described in the first technique.
Solar Plexus Chakra – reverse the effects of stress and anxiety.
All singing bowls will produce feelings of Calm and Peace however, if you are wanting to keep your chakras healthy and flowing you can use your bowls to balance a specific one.
This bowl is tuned to your Heart Chakra!
How to Balance your Heart Chakra?
There are plenty of ways that can bring balance to your heart chakra, but it’s thought the quickest way to bring balance to your chakras is through singing bowl therapy.
Heart chakra is associated with musical note “F”, when this singing bowl is played the vibration and sound frequency open up any blockages and balances the heart chakra in just few sessions. Our various mental states and emotions are related to specific Chakra sound frequencies. When exposed long enough to a resonant Chakra sound frequency, the Chakras will be brought into balance. This is the reason why Singing bowl therapy has been practiced by Monks in Buddhist monasteries and Hindu Yogis from 1500 B.C.
Heart Chakra Sound Meditation – very calming!
To balance your heart chakra, you can perform following combined practice of sound healing and meditation.
· Place your Heart chakra singing bowl in the palm of your left hand and a mallet in your right hand.
· Sit in a cushion with your spine straight. Try to relax all your muscles as you close your eyes and breathe deeply. Inhale through the nose, pulling the breath as far down into your body as you can, and exhale through the mouth.
· Turn your attention to the location of the Heart chakra, at your heart space. Notice any tightness in the area.
· Imagine that you’re drawing green energy up through your body towards the heart, starting at the base of the spine and moving upwards.
· Picture that energy solidifying into a bright ball of green energy sitting at the level of the heart chakra. As you inhale and exhale, see that ball becoming bigger and brighter, at a same time play your singing bowl by rubbing the rim of the singing bowl in clockwise rotation.
· Focus on the sound produced by Heart chakra singing bowl and picture the energy solidifying into a bright ball of green energy sitting at the level of the heart chakra. As you inhale and exhale, see that ball becoming bigger and brighter.
· Alternatively, you could also recite the Heart Chakra mantra as “YAM” with the same scale as you Singing Bowl is Singing. Try to be one with the bowl when singing.
· Keep picturing the green glow at your heart space and relax your body on the sound produced by Chakra singing bowl. The glow will slowly expand, making the whole area warm and relaxed. Perform this sensation for 3-5 minutes.
· When you’re ready, slowly open your eyes. Sit for a few minutes before continuing with your day.